The Storyteller - Katie Cook, Colleen Coover, Nate Cosby, Chris Eliopoulos, Francesco Francavilla, Justin Gray, Roger Langridge, Marjorie M. Liu, Ron Marz, Jim McCann, Jimmy Palmiotti, Jeff Parker, Paul Tobin, Tom Fowler, Janet Lee, Mike Maihack, Evan Shaner, Janet K. Lee, Jennifer L. Meyer Despite my love of Jim Henson, I never did watch his Storyteller series. I've made up a bit for that now with this collection of retold myths and legends by various artists and writers. Some of the stories are familiar, with new twists, while some might be a little more off the wall or new, depending on your background and upbringing. No matter the source material all of the stories are uniquely pieced together in this collection.

My favourite is the Puss in Boots retelling which firmly captures my inner hopeless romantic with both art and story. I'm a fan of not so happy endings or inconclusive ones, but I admit to really liking the stories like this that are just really, really beautiful.

I love the interaction between the Storyteller and his witty dog, who even gets a chance to tell a story himself. Each story has a moral - some more obvious than others, but all of them are just the right blend of story and characters, action and adventure to keep kids (and grown ups) interested.